→ For starters, I’m definitely late on this post. It’s been three weeks since my last check-in, sorry! May has been quiet for me. Nothing particularly exciting has happened. My husband and I have just been hanging out, celebrated Mother’s Day with both of our moms, saw Guardians of the Galaxy, and relaxed. I’ve been reading a tad more, so that’s good!
→ In Blu Bear Bazaar news, I’m working on something new that should be up by early June! I’m so excited to share that with you (I’ll actually be sharing this one this time). I’ve also released a few new designs over the last 2 months that I wanted to share with you (I’ve put them in grids so they are slightly cropped):
They’re all available on various products in the store – here’s the link if you want to check them out! Also, for the bottom two on the right (with the earth), those are part of Blu Gives Back. For every purchase of either one, a portion of the proceeds goes towards your choice of 3 different environmental organizations (you pick one at when you add it to your cart)!
- LATFOB, Yallwest, & I forgot what books are again (April wrap up)
- Anticipated Reads: Yallwest Edition
- Just Another Girl by Elizabeth Eulberg (Book Review)
- Childhood Faves: Saturday Morning Cartoons
- 3 Ways Blogging Has Changed My Reading: A Brief Chat
- Childhood Faves: Family Movies
- Avenged by Amy Tintera (Book Review)
- Things IN books that are my pet peeves
- More book reviews – yay!
- Childhood Faves: Non-Family Movies (like horror, romcoms)
- Big Blogger, Little Blogger
I did so much blog hopping recently, so here are a few posts that I loved!
- Mikaela from The Well-Thumbed Reader talks about the complexities of blog commenting
- The BookAvid shares f/f recommendations in an if you like that, you’ll love this format
- Tasya from The Literary Huntress discusses prequels, sequels, & novellas
- Angela from Musings of a Literary Wonderer explains why blogging is perfect for shy people
- Mikaela from The Well-Thumbed Reader is starting a blog project called Little Blogger, Big Blogger. Perfect for people who need blogging help or want to help others
- Lia from Lost in a Story talks about critical reading and how it impacts our reading experience (very relevant to me right now)
- Shannon from It Starts at Midnight shares what has made her a happier blogger – we should all heed this advice!
- Kristen from Metaphors and Moonlight shares some tips for writing book reviews when you don’t have much to say
- Mikaela from The Well-Thumbed Reader asks what you blog for and what success means to you
- Ashleigh from A Frolic Through Fiction talks about her change as a reader and her new genre preferences (another one very relevant to me at the moment)
- Jennifer from Quite a Novel Idea interviewed me for her new feature Meet A Fellow Bookworm! Thank you, Jennifer, for including me in this 🙂
How has May treated you so far? What books have you read? Are you excited for summer?